This weeks Top Ten is the top ten finished series that I have yet to finish. The Broke and the Bookish
- The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. I have read the first book completely through once and I have tried and failed to re-read it two more times. I really do not like this series and I have decided that I will not be reading the rest of the books. I will be watching the movies because I thought the first one was great and I love the cast.
2. The Taken trilogy by Erin Bowman. I read Taken last summer and I loved it, but I had bought the paperback copy of it. That meant I had to wait for the paperback version of book two to come out. When it came out, I bought it right away, but I don’t know if I want to read it knowing I will have to wait for book three to come out in paperback.
3. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. This is pretty much the exact same story as the Taken trilogy except it might be worse. I met Leigh Bardugo last year, and I have already read my ARC of Six of Crows. I just don’t want to read Siege and Storm until I have Ruin and Rising.
4. The Something Strange and Deadly trilogy by Susan Dennard. I don’t really have and explanation for this one other than I didn’t LOVE the first book so I’m not in a rush to continue on. I think I might wait until Halloween to read the rest of this trilogy.
5. The Ruby Red Trilogy by Kirsten Gier. I read Ruby Red two years ago and I thought that it was okay. About six months later, the trilogy exploded on book-tube and got so much hype. I decided to buy the whole trilogy and give them another try, which I have not yet done.
6. The Selection trilogy (series?) by Kiera Cass. I read The Selection two years ago and really enjoyed it. For whatever reason I never picked up the rest of the series and started to hear negative things about them. I did pick up the companion book, The Heir, and thought that it was okay.
The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson. I read the first two books in this series and passed them around to all of my friends. We absolutely loved this series. Then, things happened and other books came out and we never read the last book. Now, Rae Carson has another series coming out and I intend to finish the trilogy off and start her new series.
The Miss Peregrines trilogy by Ransom Riggs. I had been considering reading Miss Peregrines for a long time because Jesse from Jessethereader always talks about it. I finally picked it up when my best friend read it and it became her new favorite series. I thought it was pretty good, but I didn’t love it. I have the sequel, book three is about to come out, and so is the movie, so I just need to keep going with it.
The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. I have read Divergent, Insurgent, and Four. I do not intend on ever reading Allegiant for a couple of reasons. It has been so long since it came out and I was pretty much spoiled immediately. The Divergent trilogy isn’t that big of a deal to me, and at this point I would rather see the movies, which are not very good.