Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. My Top Ten Tuesdays are in no particular order!
10. Vicious by Victoria Schwab was recommended to me by Mishma over at Chasingfaerytales. Vicious is one of her all time favorite books and I was about to give my copy away. She convinced me to keep it and give it a try.
9. An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir was recommended to me by one of my friends from school. I was actually at a book signing for Sabaa and I had decided not to get the book for myself and just stand in line with my friend. She ended up talking me into quickly buying the book and getting back in line.
8. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo wasn’t recommended to me by anyone in particular. I had heard so much about it from bloggers and youtubers that I decided to give it a try.
6 and 7 were both recommended to me by one of my best friends. She convinced me to read the 5th Wave by Rick Yancy and Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was recommended to me by a girl in my class that I didn’t even know that well. She told me that I couldn’t possibly call myself a reader until I had read The Hunger Games. That night, I started reading them.
4. The Shannara Chronicles by Terry Brooks was recommended to me by my dad about three years before any news of the TV show was out.
3. Ten by Gretchen Mcneil was recommended by my friend one night when I was really sick. She told me it was a fast read and I ended up reading it in one sitting. Ten is basically a weekend get away version of the TV show Scream.
2. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan was recommended to me by my 5th grade teacher! I was complaining to her that I had run out of books to read and she handed me The Lightning Thief.
1. Lastly, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling was recommended to me four years ago by my cousin. I had no interest in reading Harry Potter because I thought I was too old and had missed the bandwagon for it. She convinced me to read them and, of course, I am so glad that I did.